The great architects
The great 20th century architect Le Corbusier believed that architecture is "the art of constructing". Many peoples and cultures contributed to the history of architecture. The pioneers were the Greeks,…

Continue reading →

The most ugly building in the world
While the list is topped by the most ugly buildings in the U.S., for example, special attention was paid to building in Portland, Oregon . where is the city Bureau…

Continue reading →

Toruń-gingerbread capital of Poland
Torun since 1997 included in the World heritage list of UNESCO. The city has many monuments of the middle ages and the 20th century. The city is known for its…

Continue reading →

Vladimirskaya Church

The Church of the Vladimir icon of the Mother of God (Nativity of Christ) in Bykovo estate was built in 1789 By one, the most common and authoritative version, the project it belongs to V. I. Bazhenov, on the other – or M. F. Kazakov, A. N. Bokarev.

Bazhenov (perhaps together with Kazakov) propisyvaetsya the whole ensemble of the estate of Senator and Governor of Moscow and the Moscow province M. M. Izmailov, who in 1762 was promoted to the suburban village.

The Palace Church in the village of Bykovo is known since the beginning of the XVII century, then it was wooden, Kletsky type. In 1704 here at the Palace founded a stone Church of the Nativity of Christ.

The new owner of the estate, Mikhail Mikhailovich Izmailov, decided to build in Bikov the new Church, and in 1789 carried out this intention.

White stone Church in the style of Russian Gothic (or Gothic revival) has worthy counterparts in the temple architecture of Moscow, and, perhaps, in the Church architecture of Russia.

In the building of two churches – upper in honor of the Vladimir icon of the Mother of God and lower in the basement – the Nativity of Christ.

The main volume of the temple is oval in plan, set on a high basement; from the West it is attached to a rectangular refectory with two towers, bell-towers at the corners.

The main volume of light ends high rotunda with a spire on top; it surrounds a number of these same spires.

On the sides of the oval of the main Church is pierced by a large Lancet Windows, between which are decorative porticos with columns flanking the side entrances. Under the roof held a rich carved cornice.

Tall Windows with astroengineering decorate the refectory, the side facades which top is crowned with a tympanum. On top of the dining hall set low rotunda with a very small spire with a cross. The refectory was expanded in the first half of the nineteenth century.

Looks very impressive temple from the West, from the bell towers.

To the ground before the entrance to the upper Church staircase leads to two shoot, under which is the entrance to the lower Church.

One tower-the bell tower was actually built as the bell tower, with bells, the second – for hours. Round the top tiers of the tower has arched openings and end domes with high spires, the same as over the Central head.

The whole decor of the Church is extremely rich. The variety of details designed in a single Gothic style, the building brings a high upward aspiration, which is expressed not only by pointed spires.

In 1884 next to the Church was a separate bell tower built in imitation of the same style. Some sources call her the architect D. A. Guschin, others I. T. Tamansky.

Inside the temple are decorated in a classic style. The arches rest on four clumps of columns with Corinthian capitals, trim made of artificial marble, with wooden carvings.

The interior was badly damaged in the Soviet times: in 1937 the Church was closed and ruined.

With spires knocked down the crosses, the bell tower remained without bells, many Church vessels and books were destroyed. The building housed a garment factory. Later it was replaced by the warehouse management of garbage. In 1989, the temple was once again given to the believers, restoration work began and worship.

The most beautiful Gothic cathedrals in France
Gothic architecture replaced the Romanesque and developed on the basis of Burgundy. There is evidence that in the early XII century the master of the Abbey of Saint-Denis near Paris…

...

Underground structures of the OS
Some species are solitary insects that build shelters for themselves and their offspring, live in the soil. This is due not only the development of certain building instincts, and the…

...