The Church of the Vladimir icon of the Mother of God (Nativity of Christ) in Bykovo estate was built in 1789 By one, the most common and authoritative version, the project it belongs to V. I. Bazhenov, on the other – or M. F. Kazakov, A. N. Bokarev.
Bazhenov (perhaps together with Kazakov) propisyvaetsya the whole ensemble of the estate of Senator and Governor of Moscow and the Moscow province M. M. Izmailov, who in 1762 was promoted to the suburban village.
The Palace Church in the village of Bykovo is known since the beginning of the XVII century, then it was wooden, Kletsky type. In 1704 here at the Palace founded a stone Church of the Nativity of Christ.
The new owner of the estate, Mikhail Mikhailovich Izmailov, decided to build in Bikov the new Church, and in 1789 carried out this intention.
White stone Church in the style of Russian Gothic (or Gothic revival) has worthy counterparts in the temple architecture of Moscow, and, perhaps, in the Church architecture of Russia. Continue reading
The Gothic quarter of Barcelona . located in the historical and geographical center of the capital of the Autonomous region of Catalonia, in plan is a rectangle with sides approximately 1.2 0.5 km From the East his limits Laetana street, from the South-West of the Ramblas, towards the North-West boundary adjoins an area of Catalonia, the South-Eastern coast is washed by the Mediterranean sea. Here is concentrated the political, cultural, and tourist life in Barcelona: in St. James, seat of the city government and the provincial churches, restaurants and open air musicians, singers and dancers. Thousands of tourists are dissolved in the narrow streets of the medieval quarter, visit the museums, stay for a long time in stores and have a rest after a successful shopping spree in a cafe.
How built up the quarter
Not all objects of the Gothic quarter appeared here in the Middle ages, in the heyday of the Union of the States of the Aragonese crown, an important part of which was the Principality of Catalonia. Continue reading
Milan Cathedral (Italian. Duomo di Milano ) is the Cathedral in Milan, located in the historic centre of the city.
Built in the flamboyant Gothic style of white marble. The construction started in 1386, but it ended only in the early XIX century, when by order of Napoleon was over the design of the facade. Some parts, however, finish and later until 1965. Dedicated To The Nativity Of The Blessed Virgin Mary.
World famous fifth-largest Church in the world (after the Cathedral in Yamoussoukro, Rome, London and Seville) is located in the centre of Milan is its symbol. This is a late Gothic building, which contains a lot of steeples and sculptures, marble pointed turrets and towers, connected by a large number of floating support.
It is the fourth largest in Europe after St. Peter’s Cathedral in Vatican, St. Paul’s in London and Seville Cathedral in Seville. In terms of capacity, inferior only among the Gothic churches of Seville, and among the Italian churches — only to St. Peter’s in Rome. One only of statues in the Cathedral there are 3400. Continue reading